Postal Service to Seek January 2011 Price Change
As outlined in the Postal Service’s action plan presented on March 2, price changes are one of a series of solutions that we are pursuing to become financially sound.
Later today, we will file with the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) a price change proposal for our Market Dominant products, which includes First-Class Mail®, Periodicals, Standard Mail®, Package Services and Special Services.
If approved as proposed, the new prices would take effect on January 2, 2011 – almost two years since the Postal Service™ last raised prices for Market Dominant products. We are seeking an average price increase of 4 to 6 percent for the majority of Market Dominant products.
The prices we are proposing can be viewed online on Postal Explorer® at pe.usps.com. Click on the links in the left frame under “*New* Jan. 2, 2011 Proposed Pricing Information.”
The PRC has 90 days to review and make a final ruling on the filing. The PRC can accept or reject all price requests or modify the prices as it deems appropriate.
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses, and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
John E. Potter, Postmaster General
Why should your Organization use Direct Mail?
If you are looking to promote your organization or looking for new customers, there is no better way to do it than with Direct Mail.
The benefits Direct Mail offers include:
- Find new customers using Direct Mail.
- Promote your organization’s name.
- Drive traffic to your website using Direct Mail.
- There is no better way to reach current or potential new customers than through Direct Mail.
- 6 days a week, every customer or prospect that you want to reach receives mail.
- Direct Mail is selective and targeted.
- Direct Mail is personal and relevant.
- Direct Mail is flexible.
- Direct Mail is tangible (you hold it, touch it, feel it, and can keep it for future reference or need).
- Direct Mail is easy to measure and track.
- Direct Mail is affordable and easy to implement; especially when you work with the experts at Direct Connection.
- People look forward to getting mail that addresses their interests and needs.
- People are always on the lookout for products or services or causes that meet their needs.
(Links below with a -PDF after it denotes Adobe Acrobat PDF file.)
STANDARD A BULK MAIL
ANCILLARY—FWD AND RETURN MAIL